Thursday, May 06, 2010

View from Stave Hill, Rotherhithe

click photo to enlarge
A while ago I posted a photograph of Stave Hill, the man-made mound situated in the former docks across the Thames from Canary Wharf. Here's a shot from the top looking over at the gleaming towers, with the trees of the park below. The metal model/plan in the foreground shows what was here before the area was turned over to housing.

For the past two days much of my time has been spent fabricating a cage to cover my newly established strawberry bed. This year I'm determined that I'll eat more strawberries from my garden than will the local blackbirds. I'd like to say that the finished article is both functional and a joy to behold. It certainly isn't the latter, and only time will tell if it's the former. Anyway, my DIY endeavours account for the brief nature of this post.

photograph & text (c) T. Boughen

Camera: Olympus E510
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 11mm (22mm/35mm equiv.)
F No: f6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/500
ISO: 100
Exposure Compensation: -0.3 EV
Image Stabilisation: On